Learn about all the benefits of swimming for weight loss. Swimming in the pool, at the sea or in an open water body is not only a way to spend time pleasantly, but also the right way to a good figure. The physical load in water differs from practicing on land, because your body is in a state of weightlessness. Is swimming effective for losing weight or is it better to choose another way to shape yourself?
Benefits Of Swimming:
1. When swimming, 1.5 times more calories burned than when running.
2. There is no stress on the joints in the water, therefore the risk of injuries is reduced.
3. Absolutely all the muscle mass of the body are involved: shoulders, arms, press, back, buttocks, legs. Use kettlebel workout to pump these muscles.
4. Swimming can be done every day absolutely without harm to one’s health. For example, it is not recommended to exercise 3-4 times a week for power training, and you can swim regularly.
5. When swimming, blood circulation becomes active, metabolism is accelerated.
6. Swim is very useful for the spine and back (though, it is necessary to observe the correct technique).
7. Exercise in the water helps to make your skin supple, keep it toned. Proven fact that regular swimming helps to preserve youth.
8. For many, this is much more fun than exercising in the gym.
1. Swimming greatly increases appetite. If you do not control the food, then there is a chance that you will eat more than before.
2. For weight loss, swimming should be quite intense. Do not just stay in the water or lie on your back. The most fat burning style is the crawl.
3. If you are swimming for weight loss, it should be done regularly, several times a week. Do not expect results in a couple of days. If you want to lose weight and tone the body as quickly as possible – it is better to go to the gym.
4. With the wrong technique of swimming, there is a risk of discomfort in the cervical vertebrae. Many women keep their heads above water, so as not to wet their heads, for example, or not to wash off cosmetics. This style gives a serious strain on the spine and can cause pain in the neck.
How often should I go swimming for weight loss?
If you want to lose weight, you should swim at least 3-4 times a week for an hour. Interval training will be more effective: intensive swimming with short rest periods. Each time increase the load, increase your endurance.
Ideally, combine the pool with the gym. For example, one day – power + cardio workouts, another day – classes in the pool. Such a sporty way of life will very quickly get you into shape. If you do not have this amount of time, then swim 3-4 times a week. This is already good for your physical shape.
Is swimming effective for losing weight?
You will lose weight from swimming if you do:
- regularly, 3-4 times a week;
- minimum of 60 minutes;
- intensively and preferably intermittently;
- monitor your caloric intake
Thus, you will lose weight from swimming only when you approach this lesson as a full-fledged training, rather than a relaxing pastime.